Terms and Conditions
- In these conditions “the trust” means the Mid-Norfolk Railway Trust and includes its agents and staff.
- Tickets are not transferable.
- Tickets are valid only for travel on the date shown thereon, or the date shown thereon and the specified number of subsequent dates in the case of multi day tickets.
- Any passenger making a journey to a station beyond that to which he holds a valid ticket must pay the balance of the fare to the travelling ticket inspector or to that station on completion of the journey.
- Any ticket which has been so torn or mutilated that any material information is defaced will not be valid and the holder of such a ticket must pay again the fare for the journey completed.
- All tickets must be produced on on request by the trust’s staff or agents and, if required, be surrendered at the completion of the journey. Any passenger failing to produce a ticket will be liable to pay again the fare for the journey completed.
- Passengers must examine their tickets and change on booking. The trust will not be responsible for any mistakes unless attention is drawn to them immediately. The trust is under no obligation to give change.
- The trust does not undertake to make any return or refund in respect of lost, mislaid or unused (wholly or partly) tickets or fares paid as a result of a passenger’s failure to produce or surrender a ticket.
- The trust will not be liable for any loss, damage or delay arising from: a) the failure of any passenger to ensure that he is boarding the correct train; b) the failure of any passenger to alight at the correct station; c) the fact that there is not sufficient accommodation on any particular train; d) the failure of the trust for any cause to reserve accommodation which it may have been requested to reserve; e) the carriage in any vehicle of more passengers than the number for which it was constructed; f) the early or late departure of any service or any deviation from the timetable or cancellation of any service; g) the failure to make connections whether advertised or not with any other transport undertaking.
In the event of condition 9c applying, any fare paid will be refunded provided the application is made before the departure of the train. The holding of a ticket does not guarantee a seat on a particular train or at a particular time.
- The arrangements shown in the trust’s timetables may be altered at any time and may be suspended for any reason, without prior notice. The issue of tickets of a particular type may be suspended without notice if the trust deems it expedient.
- The trust shall be under no obligation to convey passengers by rail, nor by any particular form of locomotive power. In the event of road services being substituted these conditions shall apply.
In the event of any special class of accommodation for which a supplementary fare is payable being provided by the trust on any service, such fare must be paid by any passenger making the whole or any part of the journey in such accommodation, and tickets for such supplement are subject to these conditions as if they were ordinary tickets.
- The trust shall not be liable in any case of loss of, delay to or detention of any article or articles left in or on the trust’s vehicles, trains or premises whether with permission of any servant or agent of the trust or not.
- Any articles found in or on the trust’s vehicles, trains or premises by any person shall be deemed to be in the possession of the trust and must be immediately handed in to the custody of a member of the trust’s staff.
- The trust shall not be liable to the owner of any article lost, mislaid or left in or on its vehicle, trains or premises for any loss, damage, deviation, misdelivery, delay or detention to said article, however caused. All such articles, if not claimed by their true owners within three months, may be disposed of, and if sold the proceeds may be retained by the trust.
- The trust reserves the right to refuse admission to station platforms to any person not intending to travel by train.
- In cases where the trust issues platform tickets conditions 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,11,14, &15 hereof shall apply, and in addition the trust shall not be liable for personal injury, whether fatal or otherwise, loss damage, delay or detention suffered by the holder, however caused. Any tickets issued for entry to the trust’s depots or yards shall be deemed to be platform tickets for the purpose of these conditions.
- Subject to Condition 19, when accommodation is available the trust will convey accompanied bicycles and articles of a similar nature in the luggage compartment (on payment of any appropriate fare). Accompanied dogs are conveyed (on payment of any appropriate fare) provided that other passengers are not inconvenienced. Guide dogs actrusting blind persons, and also trained assistance dogs in general, may travel in passenger compartments free of charge.
- Hand luggage not exceeding 25kg per person may be carried in passenger compartments unless it is unduly bulky, dirty or of an offensive nature.
- The trust reserves the right to refuse entry to stations, yards or any part of its premises and to carry any person on its trains, whether or not that person holds a valid ticket, without giving a reason.
- Passengers are at all times subject to the directions of the trust’s staff, including directions made for the benefit of health and safety.
- Passengers shall not board or leave any train except when it is stationary at a station (having checked first that the carriage door being used is adjacent to the platform).
- Passengers shall not open a door or lean out of a window when the train is in motion.
- The trust shall be under no liability for loss or damage to any motor vehicle (including bicycles, caravans and motor cycles) on or about the trust’s premises, nor to any personal property in or about such motor vehicle, however caused.