Covid-19 / Coronavirus Bulletin
Version 10 - Last updated: 9th April at 12:00
The health and wellbeing of everyone is our top priority and we will take all steps necessary to ensure this. We have asked all staff and volunteers to only come to the railway for absolutely essential work that cannot be done at home, such as commercial freight and stock movements. Others are working at home and we have shared the following guidance for their own health and safety and others:
- Wash hands with soap & water often - do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hands sanitiser gel IF soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Guidance for visiting the railway
Do not come to the railway, we are closed to the public and are running commercial freight and stock movements only. Follow the Government rules, stay home and save lives.
Further information and guidance about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found on the NHS website.