Covid-19 / Coronavirus Bulletin
The Mid-Norfolk Railway, like other organisations and businesses, are monitoring the evolving situation and following the Government's guidelines on the Coronavirus. In light of the updated information available to us, we have taken the decision to close the railway to the public until further notice, we are still running for commercial freight, stock movements, essential repairs and engineering works. A message from our working-at-home Office Manager, anyone who has bookings with us who are affected will be contacted in the near future if they haven't already. There may be a delayed response to your queries due to the limited resources we have at this time.
The railway will continue to monitor the situation based on current advice from health authorities - and we will issue an update if the current situation changes.
Version 13 - Last updated: 18th July 2020 at 22:00
The health and wellbeing of everyone is our top priority and we will take all steps necessary to ensure this. We have asked all staff and volunteers to only come to the railway for work that cannot be done at home, such as commercial freight, stock movements, repairs and engineering works. We have shared the following guidance for their own health and safety and others:
- Wash hands with soap & water often - do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hands sanitiser gel IF soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Guidance for visiting the railway
Do not come to the railway, we are closed to the public and are running commercial freight and stock movements only.
Follow the Government rules, stay home and save lives.
Further information and guidance about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found on the NHS website.